– Domino’s launches range of greetings cards to share the gift of pizza –
– New advert reveals Domino’s is The Official Food of Everything –
– Three-quarters prefer a traditional gift card to a Happy Birthday Facebook post –
Domino’s, the nation’s favourite pizza, today launches its hotly anticipated new “The Official Food of Everything” gift card range. This latest move, allows loyal super fans to give the gift of pizza for every occasion, such as: ‘another year lying about your age’, ‘the morning after the night before’ and ‘no more flowers from the petrol station’.
The strictly limited-edition-collection, is made up of 20 cheeky illustrations, and has been released by the UK’s beloved delivery heroes to celebrate the launch of its new advert campaign, which graced screens across the country on Friday. The new advert strapline, “the official food of everything” is brought to life through its first two adverts “The Food of Squads” and “Nights in with the Fam”.
Just 100 lucky people, will be able to secure one of these wondrous ‘free-pizza’ cards simply by visiting officialfoodofeverything.co.uk and to claim their gift. The fortunate few can then order £25 of freshly handmade Domino’s online courtesy of the Pepperoni Passion maker, who sees this as its first step into the £5.6 billion gift card industry.
With recent figures showing people are spending more than ever on greetings, Britain leads the world for celebrating occasions the old-fashioned-way with a total spend of £1.7 billion last year alone. Almost 90% of Brits say they have sent or received a card in the last year, with over two-thirds (67 per cent) reciprocating to celebrate a birthday or milestone.
Research carried out as part of the Official Food of Everything gift card launch, also revealed that 73 per cent of Brits prefer to receive a card than a text on for their birthday, three-quarters (75 per cent) prefer a traditional card to a Facebook post and 56 per cent prefer one to a phone call.
Tony Holdway, Sales & Marketing Director at Domino’s comments:
“Pizza is the most popular food in the world and Domino’s the most popular pizza, so it makes sense that we are “The Official Food of Everything”. We’re excited to launch this brand-new card collection, to celebrate the launch of our new adverts and hope to bring a smile to the faces of our loyal brand fans with a cheeky dose of Domino’s humour… As it’s special limited edition run, we recommend people claim their card quickly whilst stocks last to avoid disappointment”.
There are 100 £25 cards waiting to be claimed and gifted for free at officialfoodofeverything.co.uk.
The full range of cards are:
1. THE OFFICIAL FOOD OF ANOTHER YEAR LYING ABOUT YOUR AGE (Birthday)
2. THE OFFICIAL FOOD OF NO MORE TURKEY LEFTOVERS (Christmas)
3. THE OFFICIAL FOOD OF NO MORE FLOWERS FROM THE PETROL STATION (Anniversary)
4. THE OFFICIAL FOOD OF BECOMING A GROWN UP (New home)
5. THE OFFICIAL FOOD OF NO MORE LIE-INS (New baby)
6. THE OFFICIAL FOOD OF FINALLY BEING ABLE TO GIVE IN TO ALL THOSE CRAVINGS (Pregnancy)
7. THE OFFICIAL FOOD OF YES! THE WEDDING’S OVER (Wedding)
8. THE OFFICIAL FOOD OF ENTERING THE ‘REAL’ WORLD (New job)
9. THE OFFICIAL FOOD OF GIVING YOU FREE PIZZA INSTEAD OF ACTUALLY HAVING TO PUT EMOTIONS INTO WORDS (Goodbye)
10. THE OFFICIAL FOOD OF HANGING OUT WITH YOUR MATES (pizza with friends)
11. THE OFFICIAL FOOD OF NIGHTS IN WITH THE FAM (pizza with family)
12. THE OFFICIAL FOOD OF GIVING THE OVEN THE NIGHT OFF (break from cooking)
13. THE OFFICIAL FOOD OF AWKWARD CONVERSATIONS WITH THE IN-LAWS (dinner with the in-laws)
14. THE OFFICIAL FOOD OF DELAYING HOW TO LEARN TO COOK FOR AS LONG AS POSSIBLE (starting uni)
15. THE OFFICIAL FOOD OF “WE NEVER LIKED THEM ANYWAY” (breakups)
16. THE OFFICIAL FOOD OF JUST THE TWO OF US (date night)
17. THE OFFICIAL FOOD OF GETTING SH*T DONE (study food)
18. THE OFFICIAL FOOD OF THE MORNING AFTER THE NIGHT BEFORE (recovery)
19. THE OFFICIAL FOOD OF FINDING THE ONE (engagement)
20. THE OFFICIAL FOOD OF FEEDING EVERYONE AT CRINGEY WORK AWAY DAYS (office food)
– Ends –
For further info please contact the Domino’s team at Shine on:
020 7100 7100 or email@example.com
To stay up to date with the latest Domino’s news just follow: @dominosukinews
Notes to editors
Terms and conditions apply
Visit officialfoodofeverything.co.uk for further information.
About the industry figures
Value of industry - greetingcardassociation.org.uk/resources/for-publishers/the-market/facts-and-figures
Most popular occasions - keynote.co.uk/market-report/retail/greetings-cards-0
About the research
2,000 people were polled across the UK by Fly research.
About Domino’s Pizza Group
Domino's Pizza Group plc is the leading player in the fast-growing pizza market holding the exclusive master franchise to own, operate and franchise Domino's stores in the UK, Republic of Ireland, Switzerland, Liechtenstein and Luxembourg. Additionally, it owns a strategic stake in the largest pizza delivery business in Germany and a controlling interest in the holders of the Domino's master franchises in Iceland, Norway and Sweden. The first UK store opened in Luton in 1985 and Ireland is celebrating its 25th anniversary this Autumn.