Domino’s Apple Watch app: hailed as the ultimate hangover angel this New Year’s Day
- 2,290,288 slices of fresh handmade pizza expected to be delivered to homes nationwide -
The UK’s leading pizza company – Domino’s UK – has made a timely announcement this New Year’s Day... It has just launched the new ‘one-touch’ Easy Order App for the Apple Watch.* So pizza and gadget fans alike can now make the easiest order yet - with just a touch on the wrist.
An innovation that is likely to bring joy to the faces of many pizza lovers nationwide – the Easy Order App for Apple Watch aptly makes its debut on Domino’s busiest day of the year – with stores across Britain at the ready to take on a 97 per cent increase in orders compared to a usual weeknight**.
The new app is packed with state-of-the-art Domino’s tech wizardry making it the ultimate hassle hack, designed to allow Domino’s fans to grab a slice of hot, cheesy, hangover-saving deliciousness with absolute minimum effort. The app’s in-built ‘Pizza Tracker’ means users will be safe in the knowledge that they can track the progress of their order, so there’s no need to expend any unnecessary energy beyond what is absolutely necessary.
Simon Wallis, Sales & Marketing Director at Domino’s commented:
“The restorative effects of our pizza are widely known as is our passion for innovation, so pairing the new Easy Order with the Apple Watch – the ultimate convenience gadget – is a match made in heaven! The possibilities of smart watch ordering mean our pizza fans will never be further than a wrist tap away from their emergency Pepperoni Passion or Texas BBQ.”
Did you know?
· According to new research *** - the worst hangovers are most likely to be suffered by women aged 35-44, living in Bristol
· Southerners appear to suffer the most when it comes to a hangover with Bristol, Southampton and Brighton all ranking in the top three hangover hot spots (refer to supporting info-graphic)
· Glasgow and Liverpool residents will be the fastest to bounce back, with the lightest hangovers in the country – perhaps heading straight back to the pub
· Pepperoni Passion is the nation’s favourite pizza with the classic Cheese & Tomato coming in as a close second. Garlic Pizza Bread and potato wedges are the top New Year’s side orders, as Brits soak up the effects of the night before
To request further information or samples, please contact the Domino’s press office at Light Brigade:
Sarika Patel E: email@example.com 020 7148 7222
April Flannigan E: firstname.lastname@example.org 020 7148 7222
For additional photography, please visit the media centre at www.dominos.uk.com.
Keep up to date with the latest from Domino’s Pizza Group at:
Notes to editors:
*Easy Order is only available with WatchOS 2 for the Apple Watch, and iOS 9 or above for iPhone.
** Based on 2015 sales data from Domino’s Pizza Group
*** Domino’s Slice of Homelife Report, 2015 – 2,000 UK respondents (note this is a preview of the full report, which will be released in January 2016)
How does the Domino’s Apple Watch app work?
Once users have set up their favourite Easy Order basket on the Domino's website, they can place that order with a single tap on iPhone or Apple Watch. Once the order is placed on Apple Watch, users will receive confirmation on their iPhone. They can also immediately track their food on their Apple Watch, using the Pizza Tracker to follow its progress with a simple glance at the wrist.
Step by step process:
1. Sync your iPhone with your Apple Watch – this will allow you to download apps from your iPhone to your Apple Watch
2. Download Domino’s app onto your iPhone from the App Store
3. Download onto your Apple Watch using the Watch app on your iPhone
4. Login and confirm your favourite basket on the website
5. Confirm your delivery address and contact details on the website.
6. You are now set up to make Easy Order purchases via iPhone and Apple Watch
7. Open the iPhone app and log in with your credentials (only the first time)
8. Press the Easy Order button on your Apple Watch Domino’s app when you’re ready to order
9. Confirmation is received on your iPhone with the order details.
10. You can then watch the progress of your order via the pizza tracker on your Apple Watch
Domino’s Pizza Group plc is the leading player in the fast-growing pizza market and holds the exclusive master franchise to own, operate and franchise Domino’s Pizza stores in the UK, Republic of Ireland, Germany, Switzerland, Liechtenstein and Luxembourg. The first UK store opened in Luton in 1985 and the first Irish store opened in 1991. In April 2011, the Group acquired a majority stake in the exclusive master franchise to own, operate and franchise Domino’s Pizza stores in Germany (now fully owned). In September 2012, the Group acquired the master franchise for Switzerland, Luxembourg and Liechtenstein. Founded in 1960, Domino’s is one of the world’s leading pizza brands. Through its primarily franchised system, it operates a global network of more than 11,000 stores in over 70 international markets. Domino’s has a singular focus – pizza made freshly to order with high quality ingredients. Customers in the UK can order online at www.dominos.co.uk, in the Republic of Ireland at www.dominos.ie, in Germany at www.dominos.de and in Switzerland at www.dominos.ch. In addition, mobile customers can order by downloading Domino’s free iPhone, iPad and Android Apps.